Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thar She Blows

You know what happens if you don't post to your blog on a regular basis?

You get a cold.

I'm convinced that I'm being punished for not keeping up with my writing duties.  After all, I have a responsibility to all my loyal followers to provide them with witty tales about my struggles with life and raising a baby.  I don't have the luxury of taking time away from my keyboard and get caught up in housework and errand running.

Why are you looking at me like that?

Ok, fine, I'll tell the truth.

I went to Disneyland.

It was my birthday, after all.  And I hadn't been in almost 2 years!!  For normal people, that wouldn't be a big deal, but for me... Well, if you know me at all, you know I've been chomping at the bit to get there.  For me, it truly is the Happiest Place on Earth and I must go at least once a year.  I hadn't been able to go since I found out I was pregnant (amusement parks aren't really "fetus friendly").   Then once you have a baby, time flies and before you know it, it's 18 months before you've been to the land of the Mouse.

So my wonderful husband took me last Sunday for my birthday.  And what a fabulous present!  We got to ride all the fun rides - Indiana Jones is the best, eat junk food, and stay out late (the munchkin stayed home with Grandma).

That's probably why I now have a cold.

New(er) parents aren't used to such activity.  They stay close to home so the baby can take naps.  The only lines they stand in are at the grocery store or Babies R Us, and those lines never take 45 minutes.  They're used to bedtime by 9:00pm.  They're used to well-rounded meals, not corn dogs and churros.

Oh, the churros....

Of course, if I had a churro right now I wouldn't know it, as my head is so stuffed that I can't taste anything.  I'm limited to chicken soup and "Emergen-C".  Which, by the way, has the uncanny characteristic of being the only thing that can reach my taste buds.  And so not in a good way.

Despite the fact that my head feels like it's in a vice, I have to carry a box of Kleenex with me throughout the house, and everything I touch is covered in hand sanitizer, I have vowed to resume my blogging.  Besides, if I really am being punished for not writing, the sooner I get back to it, the sooner I can kiss my husband on the lips.

He'll only kiss my forehead when I'm sick.

Tres, romantique.

No comments:

Post a Comment